Everyone knows weddings gowns can be quite expensive and not every couple can afford buying a dress over 5000 or 7000 dollars. One of the ways to minimize the cost of wedding dress and still look perfect on your special day, is by renting a wedding gown instead of buying it. It is now trendy nowadays and even brides with enough money rent wedding gowns. But the question is how much can you rent a wedding gown for and how to find the balance between price and quality?
You can rent a wedding gown for as low as $75. Wedding dresses that aren’t expensive varies from $75 to $200. However, you should be certain that those with low prices have no extra fees attached. One of the downsides of such inexpensive dresses is that the selection is usually limited.
For those that cost $250 and above, there are more choices and you will be able to easily find a style and colour that suits you. If you are looking to get a designer wedding dress, you have to be ready to pay up to $600 and even more.
IN THIS ARTICLE
The Pros and Cons of Renting a Wedding Gown
As amazing as it might be to rent a wedding gown, you should to consider the following pros and cons before making a final decision.
- As aforementioned, renting a wedding gown can save you a lot of money. $75-$100 can get you an amazing wedding gown that suits you well.
- It is also very possible to rent a designer wedding gown without having to break the bank. For instance, you can get a designer wedding dress for a little above $1000.
- Unlike a wedding dress you bought, you wouldn’t have to worry about what to do with the dress after your wedding. A lot of brides just throw it into their wardrobe and it just remains there for years. Others save it for when their kids want to get married but they forget that fashion changes by the time and as a result, the bride might prefer something that’s more trendy.
- Alongside the dress, you can also rent accessories like the shoes, jewelry and veil. Although, not all shops offer that.
- If you are having a destination wedding, you’ll have to worry about how to transport your wedding dress to the city where you are holding the ceremony. However, this is never the case if you are renting a wedding gown, as you can easily rent a dress at the destination city.
- Yes! The prices of wedding dresses may be low. However, there can be various types of additional fees that could make you spend more money. Fees for alteration and cleaning may be demanded or included in the price of the rent.
- At some wedding salons, you may not find all the dresses available for rent as some of them may be for purchasing only. Moreover, it is also possible some will be available for rent only.
- You have to be super cautious with the dress and keep it in the condition it was when it was given to you. If there happens to be any stain or tear, you’ll have to pay additional fees.
- Peradventure you have sizing issues, it might be hard for you to find a proper dress of your choice.
- If the dress is returned after the due date, you may be asked to pay additional fees for returning it late.
- It is more than possible that the wedding dresses for the rental are pre-used. Although, you hardly find this but very often, the dress wouldn’t be in the condition it was in initially. So, before renting, try and ask the right questions.
Alternative Ways for You to Save Money on a Wedding Gown
Not everybody has money for a luxurious wedding gown so you can seek informal wedding gowns and do it the non-traditional style. It is not cast on gold to wear the most expensive wedding gown on your big day. You can buy a simple and convenient dress and still look your best on your wedding day. Also, if you’re planning on having a beach and country wedding, this is the perfect style for it.
Another way to save money is by buying a pre-owned dress. There are some brides that decide to sell their wedding dresses thus; it will give you a chance to get a luxurious wedding gown for half the price. There are some wedding gowns that are sold with discounts. It may be a dress from the past collection or those with little defects that can’t be noticed. You can get any of those for a cheap price and look your very best on your big day.
You can also look at evening dresses or those for bride’s maids. You’ll be shocked to find a dress worth saying yes to.
Some Colorful Wedding Dresses for Non-Traditional Brides
Gone are the days when a bride must be dressed in a white princess gowns on her big day. These days, people go for originality and a dress that is lovely and comfortable. These days, wedding dresses in diverse colors can be a huge game-changer. Plain white might be traditional but why rock that when a colored dress will look prettier?
Colorful dresses with or without sleeve can give you a unique and distinct look. The beautiful aspect of it is that there are so many hues to choose from. If you are considering going the non-traditional style and you aren’t sure of what color of dress to go for, here are some beautiful options you can explore.
Lovely Ombre Gowns
Ombre is an amazing color if you are looking to add some color to your wedding without making it too much. The look of an ombre dress gives the right balance of a non-traditional/traditional style that suits you. If you like, you can also have a mix of pale water colors or just one color if you want to be simple.
Yellow Bridal Gowns
If you prefer an outdoor wedding in a garden, a charming yellow gown might just be what you need. If you have dark skin and dark hair, you would certainly look amazing in a yellow flowing gown. For this type of color, you should add accessories that darker and also contrasting colors like brown, green or blue.
Red Wedding Dresses
Red has always been a symbol of passion and elation and a red wedding gown would definitely wow your partner and your guests. It reflects a lot of self-confidence and naturally puts you in the spot light.
White & Black Wedding Dresses
This colour isn’t a common one but it is definitely unique. You can either have black accessories and decorations to this dress to make it pop like florets, laces or bands. This colour gives a soft, romantic look.
If you’re getting married during fall season, deep or navy blue is the perfect option to opt for. It somewhat creates a moody yet cool dramatic look. For a summer wedding, sky-blue is a great choice. It is just such a cool and elegant colour. You never go wrong with blue!
Purple Wedding Dresses
Purple is an amazing colour especially because you find it in a variety of shades. It speaks royalty so it is both unique and absolutely stunning. With a purple dress, you’ll bring out the magic on your big day. Never forget, queens wear purple!
Dark Colour Bridal Gowns
These days, a lot of modern brides opt for dark coloured dresses. It instills confidence and beauty. It is also best suited for brides with golden brown and blond hair. Whether it has sleeves or not, you will still look amazing. So, this is a great option you can rock as an untraditional bride.
Whether you are looking to do it the traditional or non-traditional style on your wedding day, the most important thing is to not worry so much about wearing a luxurious gown especially if you don’t have enough money. Just as you’ve seen above, there are numerous breath-taking options you can explore. So, you can either rent a wedding gown of your choice or wear something simple and unique. You’ll still look stunning!